CarmichaelUK Signs BuildForce Alliance Charter
This week, we were honoured to further our commitment to members of the military by becoming members of the BuildForce Alliance, a network of construction employers, industry bodies and military charities working with the MoD and Government to identify vacancies and offer training to Ex- Forces personnel to better transition into sustainable employment in the construction industry.
This year, over 14,000 skilled and experienced military personnel will leave the armed forces and many of them will face the same challenge; finding a new career in the wilds of civilian life. Working with BuildForce we’ll be able to assist more service leavers to pursue careers in construction. The program is free to join and members are entitled to a number of services including:
- Assignment of a personal Mentor who will guide leavers through the entire process through to employment and help assess training needs and, if necessary, recommend relevant courses and qualifications.
- One to one support whilst searching for a preferred role.
- Help with writing a CV and receive guidance on interview techniques and effective communication.
- Introduced to the Alliance network of potential employers.
- Enjoy opportunities to network with other companies, individuals and organisations.
Richard Thompson, Operations Director at CarmichaelUK commented: “There are so many talented people in our services and they are actively seeking work. Our association with the military will enable them to start a new career after training and will mean that we can present our clients with an excellent source of keen and capable candidates who want to work in the construction industry.”
At CarmichaelUK we are committed to helping ex-armed forces personnel reintegrate into successful civilian careers. If you have a military background and would like to explore opportunities available to you within the construction industry, click here to find out more.