5 Tips for Jobseekers in the Construction Industry
If you’re looking for work in the construction industry, there are a number of ways that you can help yourself be in the best possible position to be offered the next opportunity. Here are 5 things you should be doing to get you refining your resume to reflect the true value you can provide for employers.
- Make sure you have a fully comprehensive CV. It should contain plenty of relevant detail and be up to date with current contactable references. This applies to all positions from General Worker to Site Manager.
- Up your skills! Take any opportunity to learn something new, whether it’s a new piece of software or a course that can earn you a new qualification. Employers are always looking for individuals that are innovative and show a desire to improve their skillset.
- Attend events, workshops, conferences and introduce yourself to people that can further your career. Don’t forget that we live in an age where social media is increasingly important and useful so take advantage of websites like LinkedIn to connect with industry professionals.
- Never compromise on presentation. Especially when attending an interview, Make the effort, first impressions are important.
- Prep! Make sure you know as much as possible about the company and the job you’re applying for. Have your CV with you or ready to send whenever it’s called for and be able to talk coherently and in detail about your experience and why you’re the best person for the job. Always be detailed on the scope of works you have done. Mention the exact tasks you have performed and even the project title.
Are you giving yourself the best chance for success? Many of our consultants are also trained engineers and are happy to answer any questions you might have about your future development in the construction industry. Send an email to email@example.com or call 0208 522 8888