I have a requirement for an Agent/Project Manager to work on a £5m-£10m tender for a rail project. Based in Swindon, duration is approx. 10 weeks. Duration will be longer if the project is won. Ideally you have worked on both rail projects and also highways projects (not maintenance).
As Agent/PM your responsibilities include:
*Liaising with prospective clients to secure tenders
* Assist with forecasting the overall construction resources and key skills necessary for allocated projects in sufficient time to ensure that they can be provided.
* Evaluate the quality and technical accuracy of tenders and make recommendations to obtain the best available commercial award for the Company.
* Discharge safety responsibilities in relation to CDM Regulations, Health and Safety legislation, Company procedures including development of the project Safety Plan.
* Maintain a continuous communication with contractors and client in the development and implementation of projects to ensure a uniformity of purpose and common targets.
* Coordinate the engineering activities of sub-contractors.
* Participate in national initiatives to ensure consistent governance of engineering projects.
* Perform duties as directed by senior management from time to time.
*Formulating tender price and completing submission
*Tender stage negotiation
* Experience in new rail projects up to £10m ideally at tender stage is essential
* The right candidate will have worked on rail and road construction projects including highway structures
* Experience managing the delivery of Track/OLE installation for a principal contractor on Network Rail infrastructure will also be highly advantageous
Minimum Academic Qualifications:
* Degree in Civil Engineering
* Post graduate qualification an advantage
* Chartered (or equivalent) member of an appropriate professional institution
The successful candidate will not only benefit form working for a main contractor, but will also benefit from working with CUK who prides itself on looking after it candidates with regular updates, social events, and a competitive referral scheme.
For more information on the project please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below and I look forward to hearing from you.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and will be required to provide the appropriate original evidence.
Throughout the business, CarmichaelUK promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We place paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance by calling us on 020 8522 8888 and we will be pleased to help where possible.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.
To view similar positions at various locations throughout the UK visit our website at www.carmichaeluk.com
CarmichaelUK is proud to have been named Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2017 at the Recruiter Awards