My client, a multinational engineering consultant, is looking for both freelance and permanent Senior Ecologists to join the team based in Birmingham working on a range of infrastructure and commercial projects. Project work will be varied, covering a broad range of ecology services. The role will involve the management of ecological surveys and reporting, ecological mitigation design and any other related tasks. This is a great opportunity to join a dynamic team delivering on a key project and to further develop a variety of skills, and build a successful career within the environmental consultancy sector.
The successful candidate shall be self-motivated, confident and affable with the desire to develop as an individual and build successful working relationships with colleagues and clients.
• Liaise with non-statutory and statutory environmental bodies.
• Site walkovers and assisting with surveys of the network.
• Identify and develop ecological schemes.
• Project management of ecological schemes.
• Production of reports where appropriate.
• Implement ecology- related strategic documents such as management plans.
• Liaise with designers and contractors regarding ecological elements of schemes.
• Design and supervise the implementation of mitigation.
• Apply for licences and consents.
• Deliver training and toolbox talks.
• Supervise sub-contractors and in-house teams working on ecologically sensitive works.
• Actively promote Health and Safety in the workplace, setting a good example to other employees and ensuring awareness of and compliance with all legal requirements via the processes set out in the Health and Safety Procedures Manual.
• Perform other duties as may from time to time be reasonably required.
Key Skills and Qualifications:
• Relevant degree and experience of ecology in the construction industry.
• Experience of working with protected species.
• Holding some licenses such as GCN and/or bat licence essential.