A Leading UK Construction Group is seeking an experienced Site Agent within their team, working on the Hinkley Point C contract. The contract is the bulk earthworks section for the nuclear station build. Key Responsibilities Reporting to the Section Manager fully responsible for delivery of the planning & construction of the project in line with the aspirations of the main contractor.
Key responsibilities include:
- Leading their team to deliver of all construction aspects of their section of works, whilst setting the highest standards for delivering in line with programme, budget, quality, health and safety, environmental set by the contractor and client.
- Day to day control of site management including maintaining a safe site, site set up and compliance with safe methods of work and safety regulations.
- Ensuring that health and safety is given the highest priority in the delivery
- Managing the shift patterns and ensuring that shift handover is effectively carried out
- Managing the supply chain to ensure that they deliver in an efficient way and in accordance with the Safety and Environmental aspirations of the contract
- Coordinating between subcontractors - Ordering and controlling the necessary materials, suppliers, and storage as required for the work programme and ensuring that this is fully communicated to the logistics tea
- Carrying out material reconciliations and providing reports
- Ensuring records/diaries are kept for work performed, problems experienced, average labour force in each area, verbal communications to/from client, sub-contractor and third parties.
- Ensuring Quality procedures in place and followed, accepted Inspection and Test Plans for all works, the relevant checks are carried out and the records compiled for handover packages, managing of non-conformance reporting and ensuring non-conformances are closed out.
Individual's Key Attributes
Degree level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HNC in Civil Engineering and vocational training in Engineering.
Have a proven track record of delivering Heavy Civils/Bulk Earthworks projects at Agent level
Understanding of Engineering Principles Technical knowledge of construction techniques and best practices.
Strong interpersonal and leadership skills with a focus on the development of people in the team to realise their potential Computer competence (MS Word, Excel, Document control system).
Relevant CSCS Card Training in Health & Safety and Environmental management
Presentation Skills Training (as they deliver inductions / briefings etc).
Degree in Civil Engineering A Chartered member of a relevant professional body Vocational Training (successful experience at engineer level) The successful candidate will not only benefit form working with a leading UK Construction Group on a major highway program, but will also benefit from working with a firm who prides itself on looking after it candidates with regular social events, and a competitive referral scheme.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and will be required to provide the appropriate original evidence. Throughout the business, CarmichaelUK promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We place paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance by calling us on 020 8522 8888 and we will be pleased to help where possible. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business. To view similar positions at various locations throughout the UK visit our website.
CarmichaelUK is proud to have been named Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2017 at the Recruiter Awards