I have an urgent requirement for a section engineer for the AWPR project in Aberdeen.
The £750 million project will be completed in September 2017. Extensive highways and structures experience essential.
- Undertake the management of Site Engineers.
- Schedule selected materials for ordering from the procurement department.
- Plan the work and efficiently organise site operations in order to meet an agreed programme of deadlines.
- Liaise with any consultants and sub-contracts engaged in the project as necessary.
- Supervise and monitor the site labour force and monitor the work of any sub-contractors.
- Create site paperwork such as RAMS
- Fully interact with other members of the construction site team (team player).
- Liaise with other function/departmental managers.
- Ensure work is delivered in accordance with the specification.
- Take part in and deliver a Safety Culture with the entire site team.
- Undertake other duties as required by the Site Manager to facilitate construction of the works.
The ideal candidate will have the following;
* A Degree, Bachelors, MSc or HND in Civil Engineering
* Proven track record from a similar role
* Knowledge and experience of Highways standards and procedures worth over £50m
* Experience working for a main contractor
* You have managed sub contractors
* CSCS qualification
* Pavement experience highly advantageous
The successful candidate will not only benefit form working for a top tier contractor, but will also benefit from working with CUK who prides itself on looking after it candidates with regular updates, social events, and a competitive referral scheme.
For more information on the project please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below and I look forward to hearing from you.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and will be required to provide the appropriate original evidence. Throughout the business, CarmichaelUK promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We place paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance by calling us on 020 8522 8888 and we will be pleased to help where possible. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business. To view similar positions at various locations throughout the UK visit our website.
CarmichaelUK is proud to have been named Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2017 at the Recruiter Awards