We are currently looking contract tunnel engineer with proven Sprayed Concrete Lining (SCL) experience to work for a main contractor near Rugby. The role is at least 6 weeks and is to start in mid September.
The SCL engineer will be responsible for the detailed SCL site activities on shift at one of the SCL stations or shafts.
The principal duties are:
* Support the SCL inspector on shift with inspections during concurrent critical activities or temporary absence
* Make regular inspections of SCL activities
* Review contractor's SCL submissions, including technical requests and method statements
* Inform the senior SCL engineer of any unexpected or potentially hazardous situations such as abrupt change of soil conditions, loss of ground, unusual ground movement or water influx, or whenever else immediate action is required
* Preparing and writing RAMS and ITP's SCL tunnel engineers will be expected to work shifts.
* Proven experience in Sprayed Concrete Lining (SCL) * A sound understanding of geotechnical principles ideally
* Degree qualifies in Civil Engineering or equivalent
* Excellent communication and organisation skills
* A valid CSCS card
The successful candidate will not only benefit form working for this excellent contractor but will also benefit from working with Carmichael UK. We pay weekly, offer support with CSCS, PTS and Lucas tests, have a competitive referral scheme and retail discounts on our Hummingbird website.
Please apply now if you are interested!
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and will be required to provide the appropriate original evidence. Throughout the business, CarmichaelUK promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We place paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance by calling us on 020 8522 8888 and we will be pleased to help where possible. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business. To view similar positions at various locations throughout the UK visit our website.
CarmichaelUK is proud to have been named Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2017 at the Recruiter Awards