We are delighted to be recruiting for a freelance position at one of the UK's most historic station upgrades. If you are looking to enhance your already established career portfolio and have previous experience of working as a Mechanical Project Engineer for a main contractor then we would love to hear from you to discuss further if this position suits your skills and experience.
You would be working for a leading internationally acclaimed contractor and so you will benefit from working with an established and talented project team. This particular contract will see you working on the final stages of works in readiness for the works to continue in an operational environment. This is part of a £1billion package of works being undertaken over a 6 year period and will include new station fit-out, services, finishes and facades. The current works will see upgrades to the station including the changing of stopping and through lines, demolition of brick archways, extensive piling, steelwork erection and new platforms.
As Mechanical Project Engineer, your duties for this particular works will include:
* Reviewing and creating work method proposals, WPP's and TBS's
* Raising and reviewing operations station access work permits
* Proposing work methods and liaising with the station management staff in readiness for the execution of works in an operational environment
* Administering the clients company policies and LBSR subcontract management process
* Day to day trade package management and coordination of the site/subcontractors both within the package and interfacing to ensure programme delivery
* Inspection and defect management of all aforementioned works
* Delivering as built and quality assurance documentation
This high profile project working for a world renowned contractor will boost your CV and enhance your future career prospects in securing further roles within prestigious rail contracts.
If you are interested in the position, then you will also need to demonstrate:
* You have previously worked as a Mechanical Project Engineer for a main contractor
* Hold a valid CSCS card
* BSc or BEng level qualification in a Civil Engineering allied subject or HNC/HND equivalent
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and will be required to provide the appropriate original evidence. Throughout the business, CarmichaelUK promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We place paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance by calling us on 020 8522 8888 and we will be pleased to help where possible. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business. To view similar positions at various locations throughout the UK visit our website.
CarmichaelUK is proud to have been named Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2017 at the Recruiter Awards