A unique opportunity exists for an experienced estimator to join a vibrant fast growing sub contractor. You will join their commercial department with superb opportunities for career progression for a suitable candidate.
The organisation operates across multiple civil markets, including rail, utilities, highways and various heavy civil engineering projects. They put an emphasis on training and development to enable growth of the individual and the company.
* Background knowledge of the Civil Sector
* Some previous practical experience (preferred).
* Good numeracy and computer skills; familiar with the Internet.
* Experience in estimating all projects in excess of £500,000.
* Methodical approach, attention to detail is critical.
* Good communication/presentation skills as you will have supplier and client contact.
* Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
* Confident and upbeat personality with the ability to remain calm under pressure.
* Experience of working to tight deadlines within a busy office environment.
* Versatile approach to day to day tasks.
* Commitment to a full working week, flexibility is required to meet submission deadlines.
* Some design skills (would be of benefit).
Our client is looking for someone with good problem solving skills, commercial astuteness and ultimately someone who will help them to deliver this project on time & budget.
Please send a CV to CarmichaelUK via Cameron.Mackie@carmichaeluk.com or call our office on 020 8522 8888 and ask to speak to Cameron.
Could your friend do this job? If so then refer their CV to us at Cameron.Mackie@carmichaeluk.com and be eligible for up to £500. Terms and conditions apply.
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and will be required to provide the appropriate original evidence. Throughout the business, CarmichaelUK promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We place paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance by calling us on 020 8522 8888 and we will be pleased to help where possible. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business. To view similar positions at various locations throughout the UK visit our website.
CarmichaelUK is proud to have been named Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2017 at the Recruiter Awards