Our client is recruiting a Senior Health & Safety Manager to work on large scale construction projects in London. You will be responsible for actively assisting the Executive Directors and Managers in the fostering of safe working attitudes and practices at all stages of construction related work. As Senior Health & Safety Manager you will:
* Contribute to the strategic development and implementation of the Company Health and Safety Policy and business plan.
* Lead the development of initiatives taken by the Health and Safety Committee.
* Provide daily line management of Safety Managers, ensuring that Health Safety and Welfare procedures are carried out consistently across all projects.
* Be active in the process of assessing the health and safety competency of contractors prior to appointment, during their employment and at the close of their contract.
* Maintain good working relationships with the contractors, HS Executive and relevant Unions.
* Inspect and monitor all construction site activities with a view to maintaining the highest standards of health and safety, report shortcomings and advise as appropriate on remedial action.
* Audit and review the implementation of the Group HS and Welfare Policy procedures set out in the Safety Manual.
* Ensure that current and relevant H&S legislation are applied, and propose continuing improvements to policy, procedures and working practices.
* Organise and/or deliver presentations to project staff teams on health and safety issues, and manage safety training.
* Ensure the accurate collection of data to enable the compilation of health and safety statistics.
* Ensure compliance with the Principal Contractor's duties under Regulations 17 and 18 of CDM.
* Stimulate interest and enthusiasm for the promotion of a safe and healthy working environment, among all those involved in, or associated with, construction undertaken by Canary Wharf Group plc.
* Promote the Group in the wider safety and construction arena.
*Quality experience working on major construction projects as a Health and Safety Manager
* Chartered Member of IOSH
* NEBOSH Diploma or equivalent qualification
Do you have the relevant experience and skills for this position? If so, please submit your CV and apply to register your interest.
Alternatively, if the role is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, we offer a £300 referral fee for every successful referred placement!
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and CarmichaelUK is an equal opportunities employer and agency and welcomes applications from all. Should you require assistance to apply for any of our roles please call us on 0208 522 8888.
We value and respect diversity and inclusion at CarmichaelUK. As champions of diversity & inclusion we ensure all applications are treated equally with opportunities available to all. By cultivating a culture where diversity is celebrated, we are proud to be an equal opportunities employer. CarmichaelUK places paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy so if you require any additional assistance please inform us upon application or call on 020 8522 8888.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business