A Site Engineer is required on a PERMANENT basis join the A14 Project.
It is the UKs biggest road project running between Ellington and Milton. Totalling £1.5bn of allocated funds, this project will see around 25 miles of road works including the widening of the existing A1 between Alconbury and Brampton, 21k of new road which will create the new three lane carriageway between Huntingdon to Cambridge and then finally widening and improvements to the existing A14 between Swavesy and Milton.
Split into 6 sections, the project will be carried out over 5 years with the final section due to start in 2020.
As SITE ENGINEER:
* Setting out and planning of works.
* Supervise and liaise with gangers/operatives on site.
* Co-ordinate engineering works according to schedule
* Co-ordinate design deliverables prior to construction
* Plan sub supplier contracts and associated documentation within agreed time frames
* Assist in procurement of sub-contractors and suppliers.
* Plan and review supplier inspection and test plans.
* Produce and review the procurement/programming stage.
* Prepare daily diaries for record of works for submission to client.
* Plan and review ITP.
* Complete regular site inspections improving SHE site standard
* Managing and coordinating the site logistics with sub-contractors to ensure layout of site works with all logistical functions, so as not to impede the construction programme
* Taking off and site measures of materials to allow them to be controlled ordered efficiently and accurate reconciliations to be developed for a weekly review
* Ensure delivery tickets are cost coded and passed to accounts department within 3 days of arrival to site
* Keep a full and accurate daily site diary including changes/variations/subcontractor attendance, work related discussions with client/designer/project team
The successful candidate will not only benefit from working with a respected contractor on a major civil engineering scheme, but they will also benefit from working with a firm who prides on looking after their candidates.
Alternatively, if the role is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, we offer a £500 referral fee for every successful referred placement!
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and will be required to provide the appropriate original evidence. Throughout the business, CarmichaelUK promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We place paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance by calling us on 020 8522 8888 and we will be pleased to help where possible. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business. To view similar positions at various locations throughout the UK visit our website.
CarmichaelUK is proud to have been named Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2017 at the Recruiter Awards