A Section Engineer is required on a PERMANENT basis to join the A14 Project
It is the UKs biggest road project running between Ellington and Milton. Totalling £1.5bn of allocated funds, this project will see around 25 miles of road works including the widening of the existing A1 between Alconbury and Brampton, 21k of new road which will create the new three lane carriageway between Huntingdon to Cambridge and then finally widening and improvements to the existing A14 between Swavesy and Milton.
Split into 6 sections, the project will be carried out over 5 years with the final section due to start in 2020.
As Section Engineer:
* Ensuring safe systems of work are prepared in a timely manner, including the work of supply-chain partners
* Liaise with Project Planner to coordinate section plans and progress reports
* Plan, manage and monitor the construction of the works to an acceptable level of quality
* Ensure that Inspection and Test Plans are prepared and implemented for the works
* Manage subordinates and sub-contractors
* Interpret drawings and specifications
* Ensure liaison with any external stakeholders is carried out and agreed controls and commitments are met
* Ensure all employees under your control are competent and adequately trained in the operation of necessary plant and equipment and the processes involved in the workplace
* Degree or HNC in Civil Engineering (or equivalent)
* CSCS or NVQ level 4
* Experience working on highway schemes
* Ability to write and prepare Method Statement, Works Package Plans and Risk Assessments
* Ability to plan and programme
The successful candidate will not only benefit from working with a respected contractor on a major civil engineering scheme, but they will also benefit from working with a firm who prides on looking after their candidates.
Alternatively, if the role is not for you but you know someone who may be interested, we offer a £500 referral fee for every successful referred placement!
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and will be required to provide the appropriate original evidence. Throughout the business, CarmichaelUK promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We place paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance by calling us on 020 8522 8888 and we will be pleased to help where possible. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business. To view similar positions at various locations throughout the UK visit our website.
CarmichaelUK is proud to have been named Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2017 at the Recruiter Awards