Quantity Surveyor (Freelance) with Highways England experience required:
Do you have experience as a Quantity Surveyor? Are you interested in working for a main contractor?
Due to continued growth our client are currently seeking Quantity Surveyors, Managing Quantity Surveyors and Senior Managing Quantity Surveyors. There are multiple roles and they will consider a range of levels of experience.
You will lead or support commercial projects that focus on the commercial management, commercial assurance of alliances and project delivery. Part of the business Commercial area including supporting Sourcing and Contract Management functions, you will have experience in delivery of projects with commercial and contractual knowledge.
* Provide Commercial Assurance to the Alliance Contracts. Ensure that payments are made on time and in accordance with the Contracts.
* Ensure that appropriate processes are in place and monitored on portfolio of Contracts to ensure that Contractual Compliance is maintained and any non-performance is identified and corrective actions implemented as necessary.
* Support the management and optimisation of budgets and spend (in conjunction with Finance) on portfolio of Contracts.
* Assist the Sourcing and Contract Managers with the implementation of robust commercial processes with their Third Party Suppliers and provide them with commercial support when required.
Skills and Experience:
* You will be currently working in a similar role
* Degree in Quantity Surveying or similar
* Negotiation and dispute resolution experience
* You have worked on a Highways England project
* Excellent communication skills and customer service ethic working with senior stakeholders
* Firm grasp of risks associated with delivery of projects
Applicants must be eligible to live and work in the UK to apply for this position and will be required to provide the appropriate original evidence. Throughout the business, CarmichaelUK promotes a culture where diversity is welcomed and celebrated. We place paramount importance on our inclusive recruitment philosophy and will do our very best to support those applicants who may need adjustments in order to take part in the recruitment process. Please do let us know if you require any additional assistance by calling us on 020 8522 8888 and we will be pleased to help where possible. For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business. To view similar positions at various locations throughout the UK visit our website.
CarmichaelUK is proud to have been named Best Construction & Engineering Recruitment Agency 2017 at the Recruiter Awards